Sunday, March 12, 2006

bloggit!

Well then, who'dathunk it? A 'blog'. Everyone and their dog does a blog now, it might seem. Look over to the side of the screen - blogs by dear sweet mates and people I just know, as well as the usual links to other things.

Blogs have seemed objectionable, to me, for quite a while. Ho hum. A diary. Online. Well done. You just thought of that and then committed it to the Blogosphere [Seriously, the what?] Whatever happened to circumspection? There’s such a high premium placed on generating opinion THIS VERY MINUTE... perhaps an unfortunate side-effect of being part of our DYKWIM? FCUK's sake initialism toting particle accelerator rolling news24 up-to-the-second live update instant obsolescence pick & mix society... ['Nice words Grandad, - still using them? I’ve remixed this blog using Flash, it makes your point way quicker? LOL FFS ;-P' ] Or it could be one of those ones where, as Del Amitri might have it, Nothing Ever Happens. ['My so-called life. Did some washing up today. have you ever noticed how the suds sometimes dry on the glass, but if you rinse them a bit they] zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IAY [that’s ‘I ask you’]. Anyway, I decided to call it Slalom Speaking because I was stuck for a title and blogspot/my own unrealised scribbling frustration were hassling me. Fishing through notes, I find one of those three in the morning memos which runs:

'German Babs, Brendy, Ray... The comedy old drinking crew. PA to the stars & their slalom speaking got me thinking...'

Which struck me as being suitably 'about' the way thoughts are alinear, tend to swerve, so there you go.

Word of the day: Langlaufing

No comments: