Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Up against the wall #323,237

The decline of what we laughing til we sobbingly call Western civilisation continues unchecked as a Google spyware sidebar commercial link informs me that I am now able to purchase a 'Teatool (TM)'.

The inventor, Dr Martin Almond [at which point the whole concept began to seem like an elaborate hoax perpetrated specifically to wind me up] expects to receive £5.45 for each 'Teatool (TM)'. That's five British pounds and forty five British pence.

"So over one hundred years after the introduction of the teabag in 1904 a practical device for handling them has just become available!"

This device doesn't even have an attachment for adding sugar. I checked. Teaspoons, for the sweet, enduring love of God, TEASPOONS.

I give up, once again. It is Lent.

No comments: